Wednesday 28 October 2015

Module 2: Task 5b - Codes of Practice and Regulations

In order to find the exact codes of practice and regulations, I referred back to my staff handbook that I received when I first started my most recent job. Obviously having read these not long ago, a lot of what I posted in Task 5a was relevant and in the handbook in some way. I discovered that the policies were in greater detail than what I previously posted. 

The legislation I found that will be most relevant should I choose to take my inquiry into school will be confidentiality and safeguarding and child protection procedures.

Confidentiality - The school is very small and therefore the community surrounding it are naturally always interested in the goings on. So it is the responsibility of the staff to keep the correct information private. With regards to my inquiry, this would mean not using children, staff or the school's name in any interviews or investigations. 

Safeguarding and Child Protection - This is the policy that if any concerns occur with regards to the children's welfare or safety, that it should be reported to the designated Inclusion Manager. Therefore, if I feel any information that I gather during my enquiry should be reported and therefore not used in my final conclusion, I must follow this policies procedure. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ellie,

    It was really good to share some ideas during the online session on Wednesday. I think looking back at your handbook is a good idea. After discussions from the session and looking at your handbook, have you come across anything that you think you may have overlooked in your inquiry if you hadn't attended the session or researched it further? For me it was ensuring that I protect myself in a safeguarding sense (for example, when interviewing a student one-to-one for my inquiry, I need to leave a door open or ensure that I tell a member of staff where the interview is taking place).

    Jess.

    ReplyDelete