Sunday 18 October 2015

Beginning Module 2

It has been a terrifyingly long time since I have written on this blog. But here are a few things that my readers need to be updated on!

The summer holiday was wonderfully exciting and marked the beginning of lots of new things for me. I have moved from Kent to Surrey to live with my boyfriend. The area is very different but we have both settled in very well. As well as a new living situation, I have started a new job as a Teaching Assistant in an Ofsted 'Oustanding' infant school. I am absolutely delighted to be working with a class of year 2 children and have already gained a great amount of experience. Teaching Assistants have much more involvement in the planning, teaching and marking of children's learning in schools today, so this is an incredible experience for a potential PGCE. I still get to teach dance on a Friday afternoon as part of the children's 'enrichment' time. This is one hour a week where the children partake in different activities that are not part of the curriculum. I am hoping to start some more extra-curricular dance teaching in the new year, once I have completely settled and organised my life!

Due to all this change, I feel my degree has been forgotten slightly in the chaos and I am already feeling behind. However, half-term is just around the corner and this will give me some quality time to really get my head down and get the ball rolling with module 2. 

Thanks for reading and good luck to all other students embarking on the next step! 

1 comment:

  1. Ellie thanks for your blog - how are you getting on with your lines of inquiry? It sounds like you will be putting your new teaching pathway into the framework for your degree work. Have a look at the Handbook and Reader 4 to help - we are moving onto the ethics now so it would be good to round up this preliminary thinking in several blogs. Call or email for a 1-1 to help if you have some ideas.

    ReplyDelete