Monday 26 October 2015

Module 2: Task 4b - Special Interest Group (SIG)

On a distance learning course like BAPP Arts, it can be very easy to feel isolated and alone in your study. So I am very optimistic about the benefits that having Special Interest Groups will have on igniting thoughts and keeping the ball rolling in my mind! 

In order to find out who shares smilar thoughts and questions to myself, I referred back to the Module 2 blog list. I opened up each blog and had a quick read through the most recent blog posts to see if I could find any similarities in the thoughts and inquiries other students were having. From this, I made a list of those who were focusing on topics such as teaching or education. These are blogs that I will be referring to on a regular basis and will be commenting on in order to broaden the blogger's ideas as well as my own. 

I am now part of two SIG groups withing the BAPP Arts community (both education based) and I am already finding common threads between my own inquiry ideas and others. These will be a really great way to get different opinions and create important and interesting discussions relating to these topics. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Eleanor

    I feel I am in a similar position to yourself in that I am currently working as a Teaching Assistant in an Infant and Nursery School in the day and teaching dancing in the evening at a local dance school.

    Unfortunately my name wasn't on the original blog list (it is now hopefully) so you may have missed the fact that we have similar interests in teaching.

    Please add me to your SIG group as I would love to discuss further ideas.

    Thank you, Katy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ellie,

    Would I be able to join your SIG? It was good to discuss things with you in the online session on Wednesday and on my SIG, so it would be good to join yours.

    Jess.

    ReplyDelete