Tuesday 10 March 2015

Module 1: Task 2a - Introducing Journal Writing

I must be honest and say I'm really struggling with the task of writing a journal. At the moment, the last thing I want to do before I go to sleep at night is write down what's happened during my day. I'm currently using the basic idea of writing down what happened during my day very plainly and simply. I feel that this might not be the most beneficial method for me personally, so I'm looking forward to introducing some different techniques over the next few days since reading through Reader Two. 

This task will take perseverance, but it will certainly help me discover my learning style and which method I find easiest to make helpful reflections with. Any comments on how you've found best to write reflectively would be greatly appreciated. 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Eleanor,

    Perseverance is a good word! At the moment because it's a new routine I am fitting it in, but I know it will be hard to keep up around a busy schedule. How are you writing your journal, by hand or typing? I am writing mines as I feel it will be easier to take around with me and maybe jot things down throughout the day as well if it makes it easier to reflect on something that has just happened in a class or audition.

    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Lisa,

      Thank you for your comment. I'm currently handwriting my journal, which is very time consuming as I normally have a lot to say. My only worry with taking my journal out and about with me is if it ends up in the wrong hands. I want the information to stay confidential.

      Best wishes,
      Eleanor

      Delete
  2. Hi Eleanor,

    I think its good that you're being open and honest with the fact that you're struggling with this task.

    I definitely found it difficult to fit journal writing into a busy routine. Something that helped me was understanding that I didn't need to write in my journal at the end of the day. If I had just ten minutes to write up and reflect upon an event, I would use that time. Events happen throughout your day that are important to you, so you don't just have to write up at the end of the day.

    I also found the List task in 2b was useful for this. As you are hand writing your journal, and you are concerned about it falling into the wrong place, (and rightly so. It's good to think about ethical considerations) maybe take a note book and just add to your list throughout the day. It doesn't take that long to do and once you have more time, you can develop your thoughts and reflections at a later point by sticking the sheet into your journal? I hope this is helpful.

    Have you found anything useful since writing this post, particularly when completing task 2b?

    Jess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment, Jess.

      I found your tips very useful and if you read my more recent blog post on task 2a, you will see how I have now changed my approaches to journal writing.

      Best wishes,
      Eleanor
      Eleanor

      Delete