Monday 16 February 2015

The Next Big Step

So I've taken the first little step needed for the BIG step that is enrolling on the BAPP Arts course! 

The idea of starting this course was a very daunting prospect at first. How will I fit all the work in? Am I smart enough to work all these things out on my own? Has it been too long since I was last in education? But with a bit of self belief, I took the chance and now here I am, writing my first blog post. 

In actual fact, the more I read into the manuals and break down the first module for myself, the more I realise that this course suits me very well. With a lot of the course being based around blogs and with the topics surrounding the internet, I find myself in a place of familiarity. For around a year and a half, I spent a lot of my spare time blogging (and vlogging!) my lifestyle, beauty and fashion ideas. I used this to give myself an outlet that wasn't always to do with Performing Arts and in a sense, replace what was once my hobbie that had now turned into my 'job'. However, like many hobbies, time became too precious and I slowly stopped posting content. But I'm hoping the little bits of experience I gained through my previous blogging activities will be a great help on this course not just for myself, but for my peers. 

I think initially when someone says a 'universtity degree course' I immediately visualise lecture halls  and the idea that information is spoon fed to you by members of staff. I think of help being there first hand whilst attending classes everyday. This is a real chance to work independently and explore things alone which I personally love the idea of (even if it scared me at first!). It will certainly be different to what I've experienced before but I feel like I'm ready for a new challenge.

I'm very excited to see myself learn and grow throughout this process and allow the course to take me to the next stage of my career.

3 comments:

  1. Eleanor, yes we think of the learning programme is a good example of 'something different' - thanks for the post. Bw

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Eleanor,

    I was quite daunted too about the prospect of fitting everything in and questioned myself in the same way. Reassuring to know I'm not the only one! Excited to get started too.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your comments.

    I'm definitely getting to grips with the course now. Feeling much more at ease but also determined to do a good job.

    Best wishes,
    Eleanor

    ReplyDelete