Friday 5 February 2016

New Year, New Module

Christmas was a really wonderful break with lots of time to spend reflecting on the past year and looking forward to the next.

Although I'm nervous about the work load and managing my time around a full time job, I'm really excited to get going with my Professional Inquiry. The inquiry will be really interesting and is extremely relevant to my practice right now. 

I am also very excited to announce that I have been given a conditional offer to complete my PGCE: Dance Teacher Training with QTS at The Royal Academy of Dance. This has been such a great way to kickstart the year and given me even more of an insensitive to work really hard. 

I've already had some more books delivered from Middlesex University Library this morning and can't wait to get my teeth into them. It is an excellent system being able to browse and request books online and have them delivered straight to you. 

On a more negative note, I've been off work for a week and a half now with a very nasty lung infection. I was rushed into hospital last Thursday with what doctors thought could be a blood clot! After lots of needles, scans and waiting around feeling unwell, the results came back to reveal no blood clot but an infection on the lungs. Bittersweet results! But I am starting to feel much better and plan on returning to work and normality on Monday. 

Since starting the Outline Plan of the Inquiry, I have found myself reflecting much more on my practice which has been really eye opening. My journal is going to be so interesting to read and analyse for my final write up. Alongside all this, I will be revising to pass my QTS skills tests in English and Maths in preparation for my PGCE. This is really nerve wracking! 

Looking forward to hearing about everyone else's progress in their Professional Inquiries when we start back in the next week. 

2 comments:

  1. Ellie - sorry to hear about the health problems! I hope to talk to you soon about your final module work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have been able to chat - let us know how you are getting on...

    ReplyDelete